How do you determine the key areas you need to focus on for your marketing and promotion right now in order to get the best results?
For example, do you need to work on establishing your expertise, strengthening communication with clients, building relationships, creating more awareness of your services, generating more leads, getting more visible, making more sales, getting known as a leader in your field, or getting more leverage from your marketing activities?
Determine two or three of the following categories that represent your greatest area of need in your business right now.
The following list will give you several ideas for marketing tactics based on the outcome you decide you want.
- Create awareness: articles, social networking, news release, postcard campaign, free giveaways, sales promotions, advertising, direct mail
- Communication: website, ezine, articles, blog, special report, ecourse
- Relationships: networking, social networking, referrals, testimonials, strategic alliances
- Generate leads: special report, white paper, ezine, blog, publish articles, mini-ecourse, free video tips
- Visibility: speaking, writing articles, workshops, teleclasses, social networking, media attention
- Get leverage: joint ventures, media releases, create your signature home study system, R&D team, affiliates, licensing, trademarking programs
- Create sales: speaking, seminars, personal phone calls, strategy sessions, sales promotions, advertising, direct mail, postcard campaign, explore new markets
- Lead your niche: write a book, create a coaching program, deliver a workshop or training, create community at your website or blog, PR and media, social media
From the list above, determine your greatest area of need right now and the tactics that will support your business growth. Find a balance of online / offline, and passive / active elements.
Decide to focus on only 2 or 3 strategies at any one time, and take action consistently in that area. Choosing the key areas to focus your marketing will give you the best results with less effort on your part.