Have you ever thought about creating a group coaching program, but don’t know where to start?
If you answered “yes”, there has never been a better time to start and run a group.
Groups are the shortcut to higher profits that all successful professionals know. I know they have been for me.
Group coaching programs have been a mainstay of my business offerings for many years. I always have some type of group program running – often several groups at one time.
By designing and delivering group programs, you are able to deliver your expertise in multiple formats and price points. Groups are a great way to introduce people to your services and to even out any ups and downs you may have in your 1-1 income. Your clients get to experience a real transformation in their lives through the learning, support and accountability from you and others in the group.
I work with lots of coaches and service professionals who need help designing and filling their group programs.
So I decided to put together a list for you sharing four reasons you would want to add group coaching programs to your business model.
- First, you may not want to be delivering one-on-one services your whole career. That may not be where you excel. Your strengths may be suited for something else. For some of you, you may feel you want to serve more people and your time might be better spent impacting more people at a time.
- Second reason to add group programs: when your practice is full, you hit a ceiling in your income. There is always an upper limit to what you can earn with the 1-to-1 model of service delivery.
- Third, people will often get better results when they are in group programs vs 1-1. When you put people together in a group with other people who are going through the same or similar challenges and are working toward similar goals, they can share the experience together and support one another.
- Fourth, you can make more money and have a greater impact running groups than with just one-to-one services.
The structure of a group program provides a high level accountability – which is what causes people to take action and stay on course. Group programs are based on the premise of participants making and fulfilling commitments day in and day out, week by week, to achieve a goal or objective.
Often (but not always), a group program will have a training curriculum included. You can roll out your content week by week. You can add assignments, worksheets, checklists, templates, quizzes, surveys, resource lists and all sorts of other content that will add value and help deliver the course curriculum and keep people focused on achieving the outcome they really want.
This is where the value comes in with a group program. It’s not in your time, it’s in the result you can help them achieve. That’s what most people don’t realize. The value of your group program is in the time and money or the emotional rollercoaster you can save them by helping them get the results they want more quickly.
Creating a coaching program is just a series of decisions. You need to decide on:
- the outcome or result of your program
- the format and length of your program
- the start date
- what your program will include
- what relevant bonuses and “done-for-you” materials you’ll include increase the value of your program
- how you’re going to create authentic urgency so that clients have a reason to say yes right now
To move into this model where you’re delivering larger scale group programs, you’ll need to make the mindset shift from being a one-on-one service provider to also being in the training, education, and group coaching business.
Are you ready to impact more people with group programs and training courses?
Now is the time to act and get your group started!
P.S. Would you like Mentoring + Simple Step-by-Step Training to Launch Your Profitable Group Program?
Starting MAY 3 I’m going to take a small group of VISIONARY WOMEN through the specific steps to design and launch their group or course in my 9 WEEK training/coaching program
SOLD OUT GROUPS: 8 Steps to Create, Launch and Profit from Group Coaching Programs and Online Courses
I’d love to have you join us to get your group program launched!