I answered this question about the strategies that have helped me grow my business in a LinkedIn group today. I thought I would post my reply here.
These are five strategies that have helped me focus my time and energy on business growth:
1) Planning my day in advance. I plan the day before and list the top three things I want to accomplish the next day. That way, I know what to start with.
2) Starting each day with my #1 priority. Doing that helps me get the important things done and give me energy for the day.
3) Time blocking. I carve out blocks of time in my calendar for projects and writing. I keep those time commitments to myself. I get a lot more accomplished that way.
4) Limiting time on email and social media. I only check and reply to email twice a day so I don’t have constant interruptions when I’m trying to focus. I log onto social media sites once a day and limit my time to fifteen minutes at most.
5) Setting aside one day each week for marketing and business development activities. I focus on active strategies where I actually connect with people and get my name in front of them – such as networking and phone calls, or writing an article to submit to an article directory – rather than passive strategies – such as working on my website or a brochure.
What strategies have helped you grow your business? I’d love to hear!