Steve believes that coaches do very important work in the world, and he is passionate about helping the coaching profession and other coaches thrive. He has spent a great deal of time talking with hundreds of coaches researching what does and does not work in the building of a successful coaching practice.
Here are some tips Steve has for coaches to build a successful business:
- Get clear on who is an ideal fit for you as a client and who is willing to pay for your help.
- Get support. Don’t try to do it all alone – that’s a recipe for frustration. Find a coaching circle, mastermind group, buddy coach, or mentor coach or start your own group to support you in achieving your goals and to hold you accountable.
- Choose a target market or niche for your coaching services. Find a group with a set series of challenges and learn about the outcomes they want. Determine who you are called to work with.
- Choose a marketing approach that is easy for you – such as speaking or writing – and that plays to your strengths.
- Leverage your time and income by running groups or teleclasses and creating programs and products such as a book, e-book or audio recordings.
- Learn all you can about small business and marketing, but know that information is not enough to build a successful business. You also need to find ways to connect with your calling, passion and inspiration to help you move through anything that’s holding you back. Get inspired with what you’re doing and find ways to use your gifts.
- Create life where you’re renewed, excited, creative and supported so it’s easy for you to be of help to other people.
- Do the deeper work and the emotional side of getting past the limitations, doubts and fears of playing bigger in the world.
Steve Mitten is the author of ‘Marketing Essentials For Coaches’ and ‘Web Optimization for the Technically Timid’. His main website, which is full of free articles, recordings and information for coaches, can be found at ACoach4u.com.
To purchase this audio interview and other products to grow your business and income Visit My Online Store.
[tags] small business marketing [/tags]